Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My bad luck

Since we dropped the boat off on Monday, my husband and I were really thinking that they would have it fixed and ready to go for the weekend. I asked Brandon if he should call the boat center today to check on it and he thought they were fairly busy and we shouldn't bug them about it.

Anyway, his buddy was working in Helena today and just so happen to stop by the boat center. He commented to a young guy working there who said something along the lines of, "the guy who owns this boat doesn't need it this weekend, so we haven't even looked at it yet." Needless to say, Brandon got a call from his buddy and called the boat center. Although they didn't use the words his buddy said, Brandon was told that they haven't had the chance to even look at our lemon, I mean boat, yet. I guess I should be more mad, but remember, I have school this weekend so I couldn't enjoy the boat this weekend anyway. Here's hoping for next weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Kacey,

    Chin up - once fixed (and they will fix it) you and your family will have a great time on the water! Hey, have you given the boat a name? It is an important part of the family and needs a name! I expect I will soon be reading about a wonderful day on the water!

    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a 1975 cris craft that we put tons on money into fixing up, had the engine totally rebuilt. As soon as it was ready to go we realized we had a bent prop and they don't make them anymore. After hours of searching on ebay we found one for som serious $$$...and off we went until the propeller fell off and sank to the bottom (glad I didn't attach it.) Finally we found another one and were off on our first boat ride together when the engine started making awful noises and oozing froth. Now the boat sits in the barn not costing any more I hope.

    I hope your boat gets fixed soon so you can get out and play. can't wait to see your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kacey,

    Well... this really sounds like a bummer. I am sorry to hear that the boat ownership has not gone quite as planned. My wife and I have always talked about getting a boat, but last year one of my very good friends purchased one and now we get to enjoy all the perks without any of the hassle. I am sure that things will work out and you will be on the water in no time. Also, I have been to Canyon Ferry on several occasions when I went to school at the U of M and it is a pretty special place!

    ReplyDelete