Monday, July 26, 2010

Harrision Lake

Since the weather has been absolutely wonderful, my family and I took full advantage of it and headed out for the lake Friday. Since it was rumored that our typical spot, Canyon Ferry, had some blue algae, we decided to go to Harrison Lake. It is a little shorter in distance and is a much smaller lake. However, the water conditions are usually better...less boats means less boat chop for water sports.

It was wonderful to spend time with family and friends and we almost filled the boat up with both. One of the reasons we wanted a new boat was for more seating. So with a 16-person capacity, no one has to stay on the shore. I uploaded some pictures I took of various water fun and put it in an animoto to make a video. I hope you enjoy! P.S. My middle son, Wil, thought that bringing a bright orange mask would make for some good laughs and head turns from other boats. And let me tell you, he was right!!!

7 comments:

  1. Kacey,
    Awesome video! I love the orange mask! No problems with the boat and great weather, what more could one ask? I noticed you were able to place the video at the bottom. Is placing the video different from placing your pictures in the previous post? Did you figure out how to control where items appear in the blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeannie~
    Putting the video in was different. When you went to post a comment, simply click HTML instead of compose and you can paste in the embeded code from your video, in my case Amimoto. It looks like a bunch of garbage, but when you hit post, voila....the video! (I am still not sure on the picture thing; I will have to ask Paulette because she figured it out I think.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great video! I have never heard of Amimoto, but will surely check it out. Looks like some of the crew is pretty darn good at wake boarding. I was never able to make it to Harrison Lake, but had friends from Montana that would go quite often. Also, I am really excited to hear that all is going well with the boat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kacey,
    I think I have figured out how to place the picture where I want it in the post. I clicked on insert picture and the HTML code was placed at the top of the post. So, I highlighted and copied the code, then pasted it where I wanted it to be placed in the post. Almost too easy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kacey, I can't believe your boat holds 16 people, how long is it? I bet the orange mask turned a few heads-the pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Molly,
    The boat is 24 feet long, which just seems massive compared to our other boat. It's seating arrangement is very open, so even when it is full you still feel like you have room to move. Kacey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kacey, love the orange mask on Will. Just think Kulley will be up on that wakeboard in no time. LOL

    Great Animoto!!

    ReplyDelete