Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Trying out the new wakeboard at Harrison Lake

With our two older sons gone to Idaho with their Nana for the weekend,our usual wake boarding crew was down a few members. Since the weather wasn't too great on Saturday, Brandon and I decided to go to Missoula for the day to the Fair. Horse racing returned to the fair for the first time in 3 years, so it was good to watch the races again. After a little shopping at the teacher's store, which Brandon was thrilled to do, I promised him a trip to Bob Wards. Brandon and I have a terrible habit of buying impulsively when we are without kids. Campers,boats,and motorcycles all were bought on a whim when we were shopping without the boys.

Although we know this is our weakness, we went to Bob Wards and had to check out the end of the summer sale they were having on wake boards. After a few phone calls to his buddies, Brandon was convinced that this wake board was too much of a good deal to pass up. Deciding it was cheaper that our usual impulsive buys, I agreed it was a well deserved treat and we bought it.

With a new wake board to test out, a trip to the lake was necessary. A few phone calls to family and friends, we were on our way to Harrison Lake again to see if the wake board was all that it was cracked up to be. Needless to say, the board was great and all enjoyed testing it out. Since it was a step up from our old board, I was a little fearful that it would be too much for beginners like me. Although I didn't try it out on Sunday, even first-timers were able to ride.

I put together a little video using Movie maker since I took videos instead of stills. I am apologizing ahead of time for the random music heard in the background. I swear, Flash Dance was not my pick for the ipod, but it is a funny one to listen to on the lake.



6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kacey,
    A few questions for you, if you don't mind.

    1) Is the video an example of remixing?
    2) Are you going to continue your blog? I have enjoyed reading about your adventures and getting to know your family.

    Oh, there is one thing I don't quite understand. Let me see if I have my facts straight. First, your new boat holds 16 people, correct? Second, you were on my alliance team and I supported your blog faithfully, agree? I mean, during this extremely hot and humid summer that we have had here in New Hampshire (25 days of 90 degrees or more and humidity that was unbearable), I dragged my self to the computer to check your blog and respond. I even had to dodge a few thunderstorms! Yes, it was torture to watch all the fun you were having with the boat and in the nice cool water as I sat at my computer with sweat pouring off me knowing surely I would be rewarded. And, you (completely cooled off and refreshed) were able to feel the thrill of having a comment on your blog. So, surely I would receive an invitation at some point in time - wouldn't I? Oh, a few of my teammates on the "CON" team might like to join me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fair in Missoula brought horse racing back???? That is great, I would go to that during my early years in college and have a blast. That is pretty exciting. I completely understand your impulse buying with your husband. My wife and I are terrible in stores like Bob Wards. By the way I have loved reading your blog and the countless reminders of how much I miss Montana. You are very lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the world. Also, it looks like the new wakeboard held up pretty well on its first trip out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeanie~
    You are welcome to come to Montana anytime. We would love to show you the Big Sky State. The debate was an absolute blast as I was the only one from our little elementary school on the Pro side. I only wish that I didn't have to leave for the lake on Friday so I could have responded more. (kidding...the lake was calling my name and since it was the last weekend before school starts, I wanted to make sure to get my fill) Take care...it was great learning from such a wonderful math teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kacey! Three months ago visiting Montana was not even on my radar. However, now I it is near the top of the list - there are a few people I need to meet in person! I'm sorry you didn't end up on the "CON" team with your colleagues from Butte. I had some great conversations with Paulette, Beth and Charissa. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeannie, Please put Montana BUTTE on your bucket list. We will show you a good time and I am sure Kacey will take you for a boat ride and you can pick your music. LOL and even remix if you want. ~Beth~

    ReplyDelete