Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Update on our Seeley Lake Fun

Since I have better computer access, I can finally update my blog about our week at Seeley. Each year our family and some family friends rent a lake house and spend a week enjoying the sun and water. This summer we decided not to go to Flathead Lake as we had done the year before, and instead opted to go to Seeley Lake. The weather cooperated and we enjoyed all 7 days doing what we love to do...boating.

My oldest son, Kadon, spent countless hours in his little fishing boat, that we fittingly named "My little dingy." He was excited to catch his first pike early in the trip. The rest of the crew spent time wakeboarding and wake surfing. My middle son, Wil, finally got up on the surf board that his Uncle (Uncle Fun) made for him. We weren't quite sure if it would work or not, but Wil proved everyone wrong.

The highlight of the trip was my husband and our friend's 10-year old daughter's dance performance on the back of the boat. The two plotted to pull the boat into the beach area that had the most people and turn on "California Girls" and dance on the swim platform. I snapped a few pictures and even got a little video before the "performance" ended. Everyone laughed hysterically and I now see where Wil gets his sense of humor.

Although I didn't think I could possibly get tired of boating, I do have to admit that I was happy to return home. It was nice to see our dog and just get back to civilization. I am posting some pictures from the trip. Hope everyone had a good week....we are almost finished up with our classes!

4 comments:

  1. Kacey,
    I love the Animoto video! I must admit that I am a little envious, it looks like you and your family had a great time!

    Do you think you will be using Animoto as a tool for your students? I think kids would love using it and it might be a nice addition to some of their projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kacey, As usual great pictures, but I was bummed not to see the "California Girls" dance performance.

    I know what you mean about being nice to get home. I had the best night's sleep after being away for 4 days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeannie~
    I love Animoto and and do think that kids could have fun creating projects with pictures using this tool. I am thinking that our annual ski trip would be a fun one to have the students work with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Molly....

    I am still racking my brain on how to put the video on the blog. I just recorded it with my little digital camera and I don't see any gadgets that I could add to use as a player. Animoto won't work because it forces you to select music as I tried that already. I'm still looking for something because it was hysterical! Hope the racing is going well!Kacey

    ReplyDelete